Here's what ya need:
- 10 egg whites (Remember whenever substituting egg whites for eggs, 2 egg whites = 1 egg)
- 1 cup of any fat free or reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 8oz package of reduced fat crescent rolls (I always get the store brand)
- 5 slices of Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon, which I pull all the funky fat off of.
- 2 slices of tukey breast. Now, we always buy Boar's Head Ovengold turkey from the deli counter and have it sliced sandwich style.
- 1/3 of a 10oz container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme- Santa Fe Blend. When I reduced Steelmom's recipe, it equaled 1/2 of the container, which I used the first time I made the ring, but it was waaay too rich for my liking. Since you will have leftover cooking creme, you can go the the Philadephia page I linked and use the rest in one of their recipes.
Now here's what ya do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees
- Scramble up your egg whites on med heat. I always mix my egg whites with about 2 tbs skim milk.
- While your eggs are cooking, break up the bacon and turkey into little chunks.
- Put parchment paper on a large cookie sheet and spray parchment paper with non- stick cooking spray. Pull the crescent rolls apart so they are in triangles. Place rolls on parchment paper in a circle so that the points are sticking out and it looks like a sun. The flat parts should overlap a little. I always stretch the crescents out a bit so that they are a little longer than how they come out of the container. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese around the wide end of the crescent rolls.
- Once your eggs are done cooking, stir in the turkey, bacon and the Santa Fe Cooking Creme. Mix well.
- Spoon the egg mixture onto the wide end of the rolls and put 1/3 cup cheese on top of the mixture.
- Fold the points over the egg mixture and put the remaining cheese on top of the cresent ring.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted and the cresents are a golden brown.
- Pull that baby out of the oven and enjoy the party in your mouth!
This serves 4 and take about 15 mintutes to prepare, plus your cooking time. You're going to fool everyone into thinking they're having a comfort meal, but you know the real truth. And seriously, if this doesn't make you want to slap your mama, I don't know what will!
Hope you all love this recipe and have a very, very Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!